Monday, February 4, 2013

REM’s “Losing My Religion” – Major & Minor Keys; After & Before

REM's "Losing My Religion" shifted into a major scale - Boing Boing:

Michael sez, "Someone has gone to the trouble (I don't know how but would suspect using Melodyne DNA or somesuch) of processing REM's minor-scale downer hit 'Losing My Religion' so that all the minor notes are now major. When I followed the link I thought it'd be a cover, but no, it's the original, processed. It's uncanny - the song is just as familiar as always but the impact is utterly different. Kind of like finding a colour print of a film you'd only known in black and white, or seeing Garfield minus Garfield for the first time. I like it."

Major Scaled #2 : REM - "Recovering My Religion" from major scaled on Vimeo.


Related Posts

No comments:

Post a Comment